Folks will be exhilarated to learn they can now Fly to Cabo San Lucas or Mexico City beginning Sunday, June 3, 2012 when AirTran Airways begins offering Orange County travelers the first international flights from John Wayne Airport to Mexico. The new service will make it easier and more convenient than ever to get to these popular business and leisure destinations.
Via AirTran Airways – a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines – travelers can now book flights between Orange County and Cabo San Lucas/San Jose del Cabo or Mexico City* by visiting www.airtran.com. Effective June 3, 2012, AirTran will operate daily flights with the following schedules:
Cabo San Lucas
Depart Orange County (SNA)
Arrive Cabo San Lucas (SJD)
Depart Orange County (SNA)
Arrive Mexico City (MEX)
“We are thrilled that AirTran Airways is bringing Orange County our first-ever non-stop service to Mexico,” said Alan L. Murphy. “Our recently-opened Terminal C, along with beautiful and efficient new international arrivals facilities, will make JWA the airport of choice this summer for travel to Mexico, Canada or any one of our 20 non-stop destinations.”
AirTran Airways will serve passengers from Terminal C at John Wayne Airport. Passengers will see the name AirTran on signage and aircraft until its integration with Southwest Airlines is complete.
*Service to Mexico City is subject to government approval.
With John Wayne Airport direct international flights to Mexico this Summer, Hauteoc Travelers can anticipate a most perfect escape to Los Cabos, the Mexico resort haven at the southern tip of Baja California that boasts one-of-a-kind Mexico hotels, abundant restaurants and dramatic scenery. Right at the tip of the Baja Peninsula, the warm Sea of Cortés meets the cooler Pacific Ocean at El Arco, a natural granite arch on Mexico’s Pacific Coast. Lively Cabo San Lucas and more refined San Jose del Cabo, the resort towns that comprise Los Cabos are just beyond. Dotted with lush golf courses, Los Cabos has over 200 challenging holes. This exciting resort destination boasts some of finest luxury hotels.
TOP 5 Popular Things to Do in Los Cabos
- Snorkel or swim in Chileno Beach
- Explore history in San José del Cabo
- Take a cable ride above the Costa Azul canyon
- Tour the nearby architectual town of Todos Santos
- Learn to ride an ATV!
- Escape to Capella Pedregal Package Includes:
- 4th Night FREE
- Complimentary roundtrip Airport Transfer (1 Suburban for a maximum of 5 people)
- Daily Full Breakfast for Two (2) at Don Manuel’s restaurant
- Complimentary softdrinks, juices and water
- Daily Afternoon Amenities courtesy of Hauteoc Traveler
- Evening turndown
- Wireless internet
Ask About our Sunset at Six AT CAPELLA PEDREGAL
- Romance Under the Stars
- Daily breakfast for two in Don Manuels
- A bottle of champagne and canapés
- Couple’s spa treatment
- Arrival night romantic turndown
- A private dinner at the beach under the stars
- A dinner at El Farallon ocean side terrace
- Roundtrip airport transfer from San Jose de Cabo airport (SJD)
- Package based on availability
Cabo San Lucas
BCS, C.P. , 23410
- Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos International Airport SJDHotel RatingsFeatured Expert ReviewBrief description: privacy, privacy, privacy on the oceanfront at the rocky southernmost tip of Baja California Sur 44 rooms, 22 suites, and 31 residences Classic sells 18 3- and 4-BR villas; bedding is 2 kings + 2 doubles or 2 kings in a 2 bedroom; 4BR villas are 4600 square feet ResidencesInsider Tip
- Located nearby at the Cabo San Lucas Marina, the Cabo Dolphin Center offers the unique opportunity to swim and play with Pacific Bottlenose Dolphins. The center also offers educational programs including special interactive programs for kids.
Secluded Cabo resortAccessible via a private tunnel, this 24-acre resort is located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez.
Private plunge pools66 elegantly appointed suites include balconies or patios with private infinity-edge plunge pools, LCD TVs, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Spa, private beachThe resort features a private beach, outdoor pools, and a state-of-the-art fitness center; the full-service spa includes outdoor treatment rooms.
What to Expect:
- Guests arrive at this lavish resort through a 300-m (328-yd) private tunnel carved into the mountainside. After emerging from the tunnel, the open-air reception area welcomes guests with dramatic ocean views. Vacationers including couples and families appreciate the resort’s secluded feel while also enjoying easy access to the action of Cabo San Lucas, located at the opposite end of the tunnel.
- Guests can sunbathe at the private beach, lounge by the pool, or indulge in an outdoor treatment at the luxurious spa. Active guests can work out at the fully equipped fitness center or arrange snorkeling or scuba diving adventures. Three restaurants are on site including the resort’s signature seafood grill. Additional amenities include a concierge desk, a kids’ club, and 24-hour room service.